Sie sind nicht angemeldet. Bitte melden Sie sich an oder registrieren Sie sich.

Neue Antwort verfassen

Neue Antwort verfassen

Verfassen Sie eine neue Antwort

Verwendet werden kann/können: BBCode Bilder Smilies

Alle Felder namens %s müssen ausgefüllt werden, bevor das Forumlar abgeschickt werden kann.

Notwendige Informationen für Gäste

Captcha image. Turn pictures on to see it.
Benötigte Informationen

Themahistorie (neueste zuerst)

Player potential for the strength value would be a nice and not so complicated addition. Again i would keep it simple to maybe high, normal and low potential and maybe a fourth one where the potential is not clear. One more day of scouting should not be necessary, the potential could show up on the last day of scouting. Potential should also be used for the youth development, then. I'll think about the ranges.

That is actually quite a good idea and to add it to a scouting, it would be like one extra day to find out that. It would limit the players you can scout and leave more room to wiggle. This player is weaker but potential is better etc.

That idea of a maximum strength level is quite interesting. Would be even more awesome to have this not fixed on e.g. +20 strength points, but a value called "potential" that differs from player to player. That potential value is shown in the player profile until the player reaches the age of 23. The value is one more scout option in the draft/camp. So its not only about the age/exp/strength, but also about the potential strength in the young players career when it comes to scouting/drafting etc.

I like that chemistry/experience/age thingy for overall line SEF aswell.

Yeah it is a massive change. And that compared to other team getting punished for too old line it is even bigger.

Yeah, this game is simple yet I still havent figured out the tactics and how to be able to win against similar strength teams but I hope I manage to learn that someday soon. And at the same time I am bouncing ideas around in my head what could maybe improve this game.
That improvement could be only on strength value to make it little bit smaller. but still make it significant for the teams to work more with line compatibilities like in the real hockey world. And I dont mind if this gets hammered down completely. I get the fun in thinking about what could be done smile

Ah ok, i got that wrong that you compare the complete line age average. On the first toughts this appears to be a good way.

I´m not sure about the effect yet. Increase of 5 % of the whole SEF value of player could be massive. Maybe this could be something to use for special teams or in different game situations. This manager game was always about keeping things simple. So most managers look at the SEF value of the teams and decide about who should win or loose. This is not how things are working, but it is an indicator. So i really like the ideas, but in case i add something like this, there must be a good way to make it transparent.

Brice schrieb:

Overall it´s not a bad idea. I like the idea with the prime age and older players slowing down a bit. But I think for the most managers line chemistry should be something how well players perform with their linemates. I remember when Jagr joined the Panthers and was in a line with Huberdeau and Barkov. The two young players improved a lot, led by the experience of Jagr. So sometimes a line gets better with an older, but more experienced guy. This is the case with defenders, too. A younger defender often gets a more experienced guy to learn from him.

Yeah chemistry is one thing I am thinking of how to provide the idea to the game also. That Jagr example is excellent. There the average age with huberdeau and barkov even was around 21-23 if I remember correctly when Jagr joined. And After Jagr the line was around 26-29. And everyone performed better (even jagr). I loved that line personally smile
Thats why I thought that there would be the prime average age of the line. That example I wrote earlier is on the whole Line experience. But it could be more precise with offensive line and defence pairs. Then it would be even more precise.

Brice schrieb:

To get all these points together you must compare experience and age, maybe with a maximum value. So that a line with 2 experienced, but older players gets a boost, but a line with 5 old players slows down.

Yeah thats why the line average age would work somewhat in that situation.
Line with following players:
Center - 22         -Wingers - 35 and 35            defenders - 20 and 33
Average age would be 29. In my example this line would have 5% improvement on all players due to the average age

But line with
Center - 30             Wingers 35 and 35              Defenders          30 and 33
Average age would be 32,6 rounded to 33 they would get 5% decrease due to the line being so old.

But as you said the offensive and defensive pairing would work even better. This same formula could work on those too. Making it that every line has 2 average ages to take into consideration.

Brice schrieb:

I also thought about a maximum strength level a player could reach. Maybe 20-30 points higher than his starting value. This would be interesting for the draft, too. Currently the players stop their strength improvement at the age of 34. It would be possible that these players loose a few strenght points until their end of career.

I agree totally on the degrading when getting older. Experience increases all through life but strength gets lower during getting older. Jagr is good example he was good over 40 but he wasnt amazing anymore big_smile
Would that maximum be limited even with more focused training? Or would training increase the maximum?

Overall it´s not a bad idea. I like the idea with the prime age and older players slowing down a bit. But I think for the most managers line chemistry should be something how well players perform with their linemates. I remember when Jagr joined the Panthers and was in a line with Huberdeau and Barkov. The two young players improved a lot, led by the experience of Jagr. So sometimes a line gets better with an older, but more experienced guy. This is the case with defenders, too. A younger defender often gets a more experienced guy to learn from him.

To get all these points together you must compare experience and age, maybe with a maximum value. So that a line with 2 experienced, but older players gets a boost, but a line with 5 old players slows down.

I also thought about a maximum strength level a player could reach. Maybe 20-30 points higher than his starting value. This would be interesting for the draft, too. Currently the players stop their strength improvement at the age of 34. It would be possible that these players loose a few strenght points until their end of career.

This may be only a personal problem for me but I have been having so much tough time playing similar SEF teams against teams that seem to have every player over 30. Experience shows as it should yes but I still have an idea that might make this game better. Tell me if you think I am right or wrong please.

There should be maybe performance value either on individual players or on line chemistry. I would like more the line chemistry. Line performance could have like 10% improvement if the average age of the line is 27 (NHL player prime age maybe). And it would decrease to 0% effect to 23 or 31 and go little bit negative below or over that. Let me show an example:

The line average SEF value is 75 in this example.
If the average age is 27 that line should be 82,5 (75*1,1)
And below examples on what it could be on other averages
20 69,375 (75*0,925)
21 71,25 (75*0,95)
22 73,125 (75*0,975)
23 75 (75*1)
24 76,875 (75*1,025)
25 78,75 (75*1,05)
26 80,625 (75*1,075)
27 82,5 (75*1,1)
28 80,625 (75*1,075)
29 78,75 (75*1,05)
30 76,875 (75*1,025)
31 75 (75*1)
32 73,125 (75*0,975)
33 71,25 (75*0,95)

I dont know the formulas the game is using and this is just an idea I have been having. This would take into consideration that the player even though is a superstar at young age that they will make some silly mistakes while learning. And when the player is starting to get way over their prime they usually slow down. And if one team is having the lineup averaged out to the middle the line is fast and experienced and at its prime. And older players are still good but they start to slow down.

What do you guys think? smile One thing might be that the decrease when line gets older might slow down so they would get the bonus a bit longer, but a lineup of 38 year olds shouldnt be 100% fit.

One other choice could be that even though 38 year old can be 100 str and 100 exp they might not be able to reach 100 form anymore. Their cap could be lowered down. These are just ideas and I wanted to throw them out smile

The pun_antispam official extension is installed. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.